Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Decisions, decisions

The people from The Lantern (The Alzheimer's place) are coming to interview Daddy on Wed. I can't imagine how that interview is going to go since Daddy can't really answer any questions. So I am guessing it is more of an assessment. Halleleujah, they don't do the one week restriction so we can go see him or pick him up anytime. Mom sounded very upbeat when I talked to her and said that they told her often clients of theirs even improve once they are in their care. I know Mom won't be pleased in the end though. Because no one will take care of Dad the way she does. After all, taking care of each other is what we are all about.  I think she knows the right choice but is soliciting the opinion of everyone around her to make sure no one disagrees.

Jeff's MRI is scheduled for Thursday morning at 6:45 in Knoxville. Which means spending the night in Knoxville. So either my wonderful volunteering sister has to come spend the night or I have to send him to go on his own. On his own will be fine if the news is good. But he said last time, when there was a tumor, the doctor called him right as he walked in the door. I don't want him driving home by himself if he gets that kind of news. To complicate matters, the school is having an informational coffee for rising 4th and 5th graders at 8:15 on that Thursday morning, my daughter's class, so I will have to miss that if I go. I haven't yet figured out how to be in two places at once but I am sure a scientist somewhere is working on that. God help us when that gets figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment