Thursday, March 17, 2011

Date Night

Jeff and I had our first night out sans kids tonight. Well, not first ever but since Mom and Dad died, aka Part II of my life. Up until this point, I have been someone's child, now I am the first line. This is the first time in my life I've wished for that glass ceiling. Instead, there are schmaltzy songs about holes in the floor of heaven. Anyhow, I digress. The date was good. We went to a chinese buffet that was wonderful. Jeff said it gave him hope for Chattanooga. Up until that statement was made, I had no idea his outlook was so grim. I guess it is fortunate that it takes so little to turn his opinion around. Wait until he eats at the Italian restaurant next to it, then this town will be set. Then we went to see The Adjustment Bureau. It was a great movie until the ending. I found that portion to be so lame that it went form great to good. I also wasn't a big fan of the message. If anyone else sees it, let me know what you think,we'll discuss.

Today, I went to Dew's Pond. There was a lot of work to be done. I did little of it before I had to leave again, didn't even get all the pine needles out of the drive. That will be a trip to be planned in the future with many laborers. Sharon and I were talking about putting some money into the house to update it and make it a bit more homey as much of the nicer pieces have been parceled out to our different homes. We even talked about some bigger remodeling. Obviously, Cindy would need to be involved before that could ever happen but I felt torn about the idea. It makes sense and I'm even a bit excited about the possibilities. The problem is that I can't ask Mom's opinion about whether she would like the ideas or not.

We also talked about the need to repair the dam. Mom and Dad and probably our cousin too, talked about repairing it a few years ago but apparently it was cost prohibitive. However, at some point, it is going to need to be repaired or it will break. Now, that point is many, many years down the road but do we leave it for the next generation to deal with? Those topics and several others were our conversation tonight. It is amazing how much more I like Jeff when I actually spend time with him. I hope he feels the same too. Life gets too crazy not the nurture those relationships that sustain us. That sentence is almost as schmaltzy as above mentioned song but I'll let it stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment