Saturday, March 5, 2011

When do you stop posting?

It never occurred to me when I began writing this blog that I would lose both my parents so quickly. I certainly thought I had at least twenty more years dealing with a father with Alzheimer's. So now, I wonder when do I stop the blog? I won't stop writing because that is what I do. But does anyone really want to read about the grief process which will no doubt drag on to everyone but me who feels like I'm walking through wet concrete so therefore celebrate each step. My sister said my last post should just contain the words, "The End." But if I had been going to do that then maybe after dad's funeral. The world is going to expect business as usual beginning Monday. After all, the funerals are over. People will still cluck at me sympathetically but really how long will the patience last with my inactivity?

No comments:

Post a Comment