Wednesday, April 13, 2011

hangin' with the homies

Late start but got to meet some of my chatt friends at Panera this morning. Out of the six of us, I've known them all at least since my sophomore year of high school, most of them longer. Strange what proximity does for those old friendships. I went from there to the grocery and then got a pedicure. I chose a lovely lavender color that seemed very Easter like but then had a rough afternoon so it seems too cheery now. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Both Jeff's cell phone and his work phone have rung all day long. I have almost not been able to speak a complete sentence to him without interruption and everything at his work is an emergency. It is stressful for me to be around it. I can only imagine how it feels to be on the receiving end. He did leave the phone here when we went to the Easter egg hunt at church tonight. It would have been a great time but Kelsey ate some candy that we suspect may have had some peanut stuff in it because she started talking about her tongue and throat itching and finally threw up after we got home. The vomiting occured all over the bedspread because she was asleep when it happened.

It is times like this when I am so grateful for my husband's iron will (and stomach). He cleaned up the mess and got understandably annoyed when he found me watching tv while he cleaned it all up. I admit that would have pissed me off too. However, I am quite sure that position has been reversed before. Not exactly, since I am not usually on puke patrol, but certainly occasions when I am working while he is relaxing.

Tomorrow I go to the eye doctor to see if I can find out why it feels as if someone took an ice pick to my left eye. Hopefully, he will give me some drops and send me on my way no longer feeling so uncomfortable. It only really hurts if I look down, or up, or to the side. So, basically, as long as I stare straight ahead with no rapid movement of my head I'm good. I'm heading off to bed because there is a parent council meeting tomorrow. I need to be well rested to set appropriate boundaries as the need arises. Kidding, love that school.

No comments:

Post a Comment