Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Not my best choice

Writer's group in Knoxville continues to inspire me to want to be a better writer. I love those people. What I do not love is the glass of wine that kept getting refilled. Well the wine was good but I have been left me feeling nauseated and blechy all day. The high point of today was seeing my nephew compete in Chattanooga Christian's decathlon. I don't know how he will do tomorrow but at the end of the first five events today, he held the top slot. I am so proud of him. I wish Sharon could call Mom because then Mom would make a point to call me and casually mention it with a voice full of pride. You could always hear her smile over the phone. The lowpoint of today besides having a hangover at 39 (since I ought to be so much more mature that that) was watching tv and getting hit with all the Mother's Day commercials. I think I may have to turn that tube off for the next month or so. It's too draining to constantly pretend I'm not affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment