Tuesday, April 19, 2011

shopping crazy

So perhaps for the first time in my life, I went shopping with a friend and had a good time. Perhaps it was that we only hit a few stores and there was a time limit or maybe it was the company but a task I usually abhor, felt fun. I also accomplished several things I'd been putting off so it was a win-win situation. I bought the kids a few things and in anticipation of egg hunting, hid them around the house for them to find. It didn't take that long and they loved it. I wonder why I don't do things like that more often.

The only downside of the outing was the announcements and postings about mother's day seemed pretty constant. I'm sure they only came up occasionally. I guess we have Easter to go through first. It looks like we may head up to my sister's house on Lookout mtn. Kelsey got very excited and said, "Their house is huge. It will be an awesome Easter egg hunt. I had to bring her back down by telling her the Easter bunny would come here on Sunday morning before we went up the mountain. She took it well. After all, a candy free for all is good no matter what size it comes in.

My other accomplishment for today is rearranging the laundry room. I lugged a rusting cabinet out of the laundry room into the garage tonight. Jeff is going to have a fit when he sees what a mess I made. However, I have been asking him to do this for some time so it seems as if that is just a natural consequence, right? We'll see if there is any real fall-out. I hope I feel as inspired to clean out tomorrow as I do tonight. I'd like to stay up late doing it but school mornings come early.

I love our school but the headmaster has asked all the members of the parent-teacher conference to find a golf team to participate in the tournament. The thing is it is $300 for a four person golf team and the only golfer I know is my brother-in-law. I don't really have the money to sponsor a whole team and I think I've hit the family up quite a bit for money this year. It stinks not having parents who know people anymore. *Big Sigh*

I am grateful tonight for time with a good friend, that Jeff is taking off Good Friday, that we are making progress on getting our pool liner replaced so that we can hopefully watch out little ones jumping in and out of the pool with blue lips, that we are making plans to see good friends in Knoxville on Monday, and that my little ones are healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment