Friday, April 22, 2011

What's in a name?

Apparently not much, according to my title last night which by default became the first few lines of the blog. I just forgot to plug anything into that little blank box. How nice of blogspot to do it for me. Jeff took off work today and for the first time in months did not have to take a work call all day. We spent time playing board games with the kids, he grilled hot dogs at lunch, and then began creating a path in the woods to foil the sneaky copperheads that alledgedly live in those woods. We figure if we have a clear path surely we would notice a snake lying in the middle of it, or even slightly to the side. Neither of us are big fans of that belly crawler.

I also hope to someday be able to be in the woods without having to wear full battle dress uniform to avoid poison ivy. It is something of a phobia for me now. I have actually had bad dreams about the rash associated with those shiny green tri-leaves of itch. We ended our evening eating on the screen porch, followed by a movie. It was a very uneventful day and one of the best I have had in a long time. While I have never understood why "Good Friday" is called good since it contained so much bad, it was in fact a good friday for me. The only thing I can figure is that the name of the day relates to the good for all mankind because it wasn't so great for Jesus. As Christopher said when his teachers were reading them the Easter story, "This is freaking me out a little." I think the fact that cruxifiction freaks him out is a sign of a postive psyche. Shouldn't tomorrow be called sad saturday or something? Either way, I am looking forward to resurrection sunday and not just for the Easter Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment